Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Guess WHOO turned ONE!


I'm a bit behind on posting this, but here are the photos from Chunk's 1st Birthday! We went with an owl theme, because he is our little Hooty. His nursery was done in an Owl theme and when he was born his little eyes were so large & round he reminded of us of a little Owl.

Chunk's Party only had a few kids attend, so I kept it smaller and didn't go overboard like I wanted to, Maybe next year! 



Hard to believe it has already been a year! 


A bunch of Handmade goodies I whipped up for his Big Day!


Chunk's Birthday Cake, and the sign we put in a frame next to his cake "Owl have a slice". We don't do fondant in our family so big elaborate cakes aren't really a possibility We get our cakes from Publix, They have the best bakery section! I really wished his photos would have come out better, He was sick for two weeks before his birthday. It also rained for nearly a month straight during that time, making it difficult to say the least.

This was him after his smash cake! He went to town on that thing, You're only One once!


Little Man's Smash Cake photos


For these cute little bag toppers, I used the Owl Bag topper tutorial from Shabby Tea Party. Directions were great and these were such a cinch to make! I am so glad I found her tutorial, they were simple enough that when we had 6 more RSVP the morning of the party I had my sisters help me by whipping up a couple more, and Quickly!

The Goody Table- Mask, Owl wings, Goody bags with beanbag owls in them, party hats, crayon favors, owlet mix, and party blowers.

Little Man's Owl shoes I Modge Podge for him! I used to fabric that matched his tie. This was a first time using Modge Podge on shoes, I'm still deciding how I feel about it. Its a simple project, It just makes the tops harder. It would probably work better on older kids or adults shoes, or maybe a different style of shoes. Either way, it worked well for the day!
My handsome little man in his suspenders & little Owl tie I made him. Not perfect, I'll admit I took on too many projects last minute and forgot about the tie I had planned to make!

I found this awesome Owl Sucker mold off Amazon, and knew I had to have it! We made Blue & White, the Blue didn't last long!

His horn Blowers and I made a circular tag and glued on the print outs that said "Thanks for coming, It was a 'HOOT'."


Owlet Nature Mix Take homes- Kix cereal,raisins,cranberries,M&M's, & Pirate booty Puff Corn.
I found these tins after Christmas in the dollar section at Target, for 75% off, I paid a Quarter a tin! The print offs said "Hoot, Hoot, Hooray! Thanks for sharing My 1st Birthday!"




Owl Wings that I made as Party Favors, these were just made with felt and cut out by hand. No two sets were the same. I attached elastic to the backs so they could slip them on their arms and paired them with an owl Mask! These were a HUGE hit! I forgot to get a photo of them before, so Chunk was playing with them another day and I snapped a shot of him.


Photo booth- For my oldest son's 1st birthday we did the traditional matted photo and had guests sign around it, and hung it in his room for him. I wanted to do something like that, but different. I had remembered seeing people doing Photobooth's for weddings and such with props, but never as a message. I thought this would be a great idea to cut out the speech bubbles and let guests write their messages to him, and we could mat and frame it later for him as a keepsake. These are a few of his messages!




Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I love the owl theme. I'm really big into owls right now, so this would be a perfect idea for our little one's birthday! You're also really creative lol. I couldn't ever do anything like that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...